Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DIY Yogurt Melts

My kids love the yougurt melts that Gerber makes. Unfortunately they cost about $2 for 1oz of product :(  It is a very costly snack and I have 4 kids! One of my toddlers could eat a whole bag, (a whopping 1oz) by themselves! 

So I figured that I could try and make my own since I had such success with my freezer oatmeal applesauce snacks (http://mamabrightside.blogspot.com/2014/03/natural-apple-oatmeal-toddlerbaby-snacks.html?m=1). 

What you will need:

Cookie sheet

Wax paper (optional)

Yogurt of your choice 

Sandwich bag 

Scissors 

Freezer

Directions:

Line cookie sheet with wax paper for ease of removal. This is optional and I forgot to do it myself. 

Pour desired amount of yougurt into sandwich bag and seal.

Snip a TINY whole in the corner of the bag. 

Squeeze of the yougurt into small drops on the cookie sheet. (I made larger drops because I have toddlers, not infants). 

Place into freezer until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment