Sunday, January 11, 2015

30 Day-1 Gallon of Water a Day Challenge























Hi! Happy New Year to all of my readers! It has been a crazy, stressful, joyful, celebrating time here in our household. We have had a lot of visitors, dinners, and parties around here. Our oldest twins just turned 2 on December 29! Yay! So that, on top of Christmas, has left our home looking like a pair of twin tornadoes ripped through it. Oh wait, they did haha! So I personally have been feeling very overwhelmed. I am also tired and achy. I usually attribute all of this to stress and having two sets of very young twins. However, today I came across a couple of articles about drinking enough water. Many ladies in these articles suffered from the same things I described as well. Their doctors recommended that they drink 1 gallon of water a day to hydrate their bodies properly. According to their articles, 37% of people mistake water pangs for hunger pangs, so they eat. hello, that is me, I am sure! 

So these ladies accepted a challenge to drink 1 gallon of water, each day, for 30 days.At the end of those 30 days, these women had reduced under eye darkness and puffiness. Their skin was firmer and brighter. They had reduced oiliness, they lost weight, lost cellulite and their dry skin improved. Oh, and their daily headaches and achiness, and joint stiffness went away. Not to mention their appetites were suppressed and they no longer craved sugar! 

Wow, so water sounds like a miracle cure-all. I will admit right here that I don't drink enough water. Ever. So my husband and I both are going to take this 1 gallon a day for  30 days challenge. Here are my list of complaints that I hope to see relived by an increase in water consumption:


  • Dry skin
  • Dark under eye circles
  • Exhaustion
  • Joint pain
  • Muscle pain
  • Headaches (everyday)
  • Snacking
  • Excess post-baby weight
So 1 gallon, that is 128 oz of water....I challenge you, my readers and friends, to join me in this challenge. Water is free and healthy. Start slow if you need to. Spread the water consumption out over the day. But do it, for you and for your family. And let me know. Let me know that we are in this together. Let me know what results you hope to see, and what results you actually see! 

So here's to us; Cheers! Bottoms up!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers





No comments:

Post a Comment