Sunday, September 7, 2014

Plum of London: Luxury British Knitwear Review


Alpacas are cute, kind of funny looking animals. Someone near me actually raises alpacas and I love to look at them as I drive by, but I never once thought about wearing their fur…until I came across Plum of London, a luxury British knitwear company. Apparently alpaca fur is woven into a fiber that is as soft as cashmere, extremely durable, hypoallergenic, stain resistant and machine washable! Wow. I was impressed and intrigued when I began to read about all of the amazing qualities of Royal alpaca fiber.

Plum of London was recently launched in 2013 out of a desire to bring the high quality and durability of Royal alpaca fiber to the modern luxury fashion world. Plum carries fashion forward designs in vibrant colors for children and baby, as well as accessories for adults and the home. I received two children’s knit hats, a beautiful child’s cardigan and adorable booties to review. I must say that I was very impressed with the product! The knit is so soft yet strong. And it isn’t itchy like wool.



When I placed the little hats on my children, I realized the alpaca fiber has a good amount of stretch to it. This stretchiness allows the clothing to be very comfortable and to fit as your child grows. The hats fit my newborns and my toddlers (yes you read that correctly; I have two sets of twins). The cardigan was such a beautiful blue and looked great on my daughter. I also really liked how saturated the yarn color was; very vibrant. Because my children are wearing this clothing product, I was very happy to learn that Royal alpaca fiber doesn’t contain lanolin like wool does, which makes it hypoallergenic, and means that harsh chemicals are not necessary to prepare the fiber. Thus making the alpaca fiber great for sensitive skin.














Since alpaca fiber is stain resistant, odor resistant, wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, durable, hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, warm, and machine washable…it seems to be the perfect material for making children and babie's clothing. We all know they do some pretty disgusting things in their clothes! I am thankful to have learned about the benefits of alpaca fiber. I am sure that you will be as happy as I am with your future alpaca fiber clothing purchases. I cannot wait to try out some of Plum’s home accessories!



Be sure to check out Plum’s website for ordering, browsing, and learning more about alpaca fiber. You can also check out their Facebook page to stay current on their latest news, sales, and products.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers




No comments:

Post a Comment